Your basket is currently empty!
29 Jul Knitted Cushion with Cable Pattern
A lovely friend has very kindly shared a recent pattern for a knitted cushion, which she created using some of my plant-dyed wool.
Cushion cover with cable panel, knitted on size 4.5 mm needles and sewn along side seams.
Final cushion cover measures 37 x 37 cm. Cover fits cushion size 40 x 40 cm. Knitting is stretched slightly for a good fit.
About 260 g of aran weight wool.
17 stiches and 27 rows = 10 x 10 cm.
Pair of needles size 4.5 mm, UK size 7, plus cable needle. Change needle size to achieve correct tension.
40 x 40 cm.
– Moss stitch: Row 1: *(k1, p1)* repeat from *to* to end of row, Row 2: *(p1, k1)* repeat from *to* to end of row
– Stocking stitch: Knit on right side, purl on wrong side
– Cable pattern: Worked over 32 stitches as in diagram A1
Cushion cover pattern
- Cast on 74 stiches on 4.5 mm needles and work 6 rows in moss stitch (see knitting instructions, repeat rows 1 and 2 three times).
- Next row, work 21 stitches in stocking stitch (see knitting instructions), then A1 (see diagram below), then 21 stitches in stocking stitch.
- Continue working in stocking stitch and A1 until work measures about 88 cm. This should be approximately 10 repeats of A1.
- Work 6 rows in moss stitch and cast off firmly, with knit over knit and purl over purl.
- With right sides together, sew along side seams for 37 cm from cast on edge, leaving about 14 cm as overlap.
- Turn cushion cover right side out and fold overlap back on itself so that right sides are facing. Sew overlap to side seams.
- Place inner cushion inside cushion cover and turn overlap so that right side faces out and cushion is enclosed (see photo above).